Because I haven’t been able to find a good job for a while now I’ve began taking a 3 month ‘Print Designer’ course. Normally it’s a 6 month course but a few applicants get the shorter version if they have enough knowledge of the software, etc.
Well… it’s kinda boring,
I already know 95% of what they are trying to teach us, it’s the same content I’ve been getting for the last 6-7 years, and already know for 10-11 years.
I just finished the “catching up” fase for the five people who were good enough to skip the first 3 months, which took two weeks and covered the highlights of the first part in a nutshell.
I hope to learn at least a few new things in the coming months.
The good thing about all this is:
- I have something (semi)productive to do in the day.
- There’s a internship attached to it at the end.
- While I’m there I might as well do some ‘graphic’ work.
And point three made me produce some nice stuff.
I started thinking up some exercises and assignments for myself because I was getting way too bored.
And there’s only So much time you can spend wandering through the Internet(especially when they’ve blocked Facebook & Youtube, GRRRR..).
Here’s one I’ve written down:
” 1 CONCEPT SKETCHES
1a. Draw 3 concept sketches of ‘mythological’ creatures/deities.
- Each creature/deity is a leader/god/king of some sort.
- Each C/D has characteristics bound to it’s environment(swamp/ice/mountain/ave/…).
- Each creature has one signature weapon/artifact
1b. Color one sketch.
1c. Make an environment/color study”
And here’s what I came up with so far:
HERE’S A FREE WALLPAPER(1920×1200 =widescreen)